baylorrandle

2014 Jayco Precept

A few weeks I purchased a 2014 Jayco Precept .It was jacked up and I did not notice the low ground clearance of the 10 foot overhang behind the rear duals     I have talked to Jayco and they  say it is a problem of the Ford Mtr Co.  I then talked to Ford Mtr Co and they say it is a problem of Jayco  I have checked numerous places and cannot find anyone who can help . I have less than one half tank of gas in it and if I fill it that compounds the problem...  Any suggestions

On 5/27/2016 at 2:43 PM, baylorrandle said:

A few weeks I purchased a 2014 Jayco Precept .It was jacked up and I did not notice the low ground clearance of the 10 foot overhang behind the rear duals     I have talked to Jayco and they  say it is a problem of the Ford Mtr Co.  I then talked to Ford Mtr Co and they say it is a problem of Jayco  I have checked numerous places and cannot find anyone who can help . I have less than one half tank of gas in it and if I fill it that compounds the problem...  Any suggestions

Welcome to the FMCA Forum !

Could you post the chassis model F-53, F450 or what? What is the Maximum weight spec. for the coach? Have you weighed the coach loaded and if so what is the loaded weight. If you do not know stop at a certified set of scales and weight the front axle, the units entire weight and the read axle weight. Post the numbers for the group.

Finger pointing can be frustrating! With a fuel tank that low one needs a starting point. So what is the ground clearance of the tank before the coach was built on it.

Did Jayco lower the tank before the coach was built on top of the chassis?  Did Jayco install a different fuel tank-Larger one?

Let us know what you fine out.

Rich.

2 hours ago, baylorrandle said:

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new coach. I would get the package of manuals that came with the coach out and see if you can find anything about the chassey. Some of the Ford chassis came with helper springs or airbags. Have you actually had it drage in normal use? Have you had it weighed to see what each wheel location weight is? Front to rear weight? How much clearance do you have? 

How does it drive going down the highway when you test drove it on the freeway with traffic?

There are many things to help your suspension but first let's try simple things. Might be as simple as adding air to existing air bags.

Bill