cogriffins

Popping In Speakers

Hi - I have 2005 Beaver Monterey and was wondering if anyone has experienced any popping in their speakers.
It just started happening and is very random.  It appears to be when switching from shore power back to battery power as well as other random times.

I have been trying to trouble shoot and have tightened all battery terminals as well as trying to track down any shorts in the wires.
It is happening even when the stereo is turned off so I am thinking it is not related to the stereo.
I appreciate any feedback.

Thank you.

13 hours ago, cogriffins said:

It is happening even when the stereo is turned off so I am thinking it is not related to the stereo

cogriffins, Welcome to the FMCA forum!

Noise when radio turned off, does suggest that the noise is coming from a something connected with the speaker amplifiers.

Does the system have a surround sound system? 

Popping noises most often come from power issues on the circuit board(s). A random cycle would lead me to check for, Bad solder connections, failing filter capacitors or power output FET,s or transistors. One more thought, Does the sound system pop more when it is Hot out side or the unit has been running for a period of time?

Rich.