Sign in to follow this  
abyrd

Residental Refrigerator

Is anyone running a 17.f Cu Ft Samsung French Door refrigerator on a modified sine wave inverter?

The units running current is 1.1 amps and the dimensions are real favorable for replacing a Norcold 1200 LRIM.

Thank for any input.

Jim

Jim,

We replaced our Norcold 1200 LRIM in June 2015 with a Samsung French Door 19.4 cu ft model.  We have a modified sine wave inverter and have had no problems.  When we are preparing to travel, I turn the inverter on and after we arrive at our destination the temps are still exactly where the should be.  And the batteries still are at 100%.

Jim,

We also installed a Samsung RF-18 last year and have run it on a 2 kw modified sine wave ever since. We have dry camped at Wally Worlds several times with no problems. I will run the generator for a couple of hours before going to sleep and crank it back up when we wake and the batteries will be down to maybe 60%.

We love the unit and the added space.

Herman 

I use a Samsung 18 cf on a modified 2 kw, been using it for three and a half years. I run the generator for roof air while traveling, but the fridge is always on MSW while traveling, or dry camping.