Sign in to follow this  
msawicki

Cummins ISC 350 Overheating

I have a 2010 Cummins and the clutch fan went bad. While taking it apart I found the bracket that mounts the pulley to the block was broken. Luckily it did not break off while driving with the fan engaged.

I am looking for others that had this problem because it is a $1300.00 fix with me doing the repairs with an updated part. I feel that this a Freightliner problem and would like to get reimbursed from Freightliner but they are saying that there is no service bulletin for my coach. It only went up to 2007 and mine is a 2010.

Msawicki, You might ask for the part number for each year engine and for technical information on the part used on the 2007 engine and the one used on the 2010 engine. What changes where made that makes the new one better then the original - Or are they using the same design. If they are using the same design, why then would it not still be covered under the original service bulletin.

You need to remain civil, but insistent regarding the information you are requesting. Also it might be good to ask who was on the team involved in weighting the original bulletin.

Sometimes it helps to be a squeaky wheel !

Rich. 

Msawicki,

Since you have the unit taken apart take the bracket to your local welding shop/fabricator. Ask if they can weld the bracket. It may be pot metal, cast iron or cast steel. Cast steel would be the only one that may be successfully welded. Also being a bracket, maybe a new and better one could be fabricated. Can't help to try and maybe saving $1300.00. 

Herman