Sign in to follow this  
Hawkeye111

Traveling in Newfoundland and return

We are going to Nova Scotia and from there to Newfoundland via ferry. Would like to take the ferry down the north shore of the St. Lawrence Seaway until we encounter a road that is continous and wend our way to Montreal. Has anybody done this? How did it go? Appreciate feedback.

We are going to Nova Scotia and from there to Newfoundland via ferry. Would like to take the ferry down the north shore of the St. Lawrence Seaway until we encounter a road that is continous and wend our way to Montreal. Has anybody done this? How did it go? Appreciate feedback.

Hawkeye111:

Hi from Tampa area!! Ya know, I've noticed your post on this FMCA site for the past few weeks and at first, I kinda dismissed it as not do-able. That is,...I really didn't think there was a ferry system along the N. shore of the St. Lawrence that would connect somewhere near Natashquan, Quebec, so ya might drive WSW toward Quebec City. HOWEVER, your idea has kinda stuck in my mind and I've been looking closer at that route. YA KNOW....it just might be do-able :rolleyes: . There seem to ferry routes from St. Anthony (N. Newfoundland) across to Labrador and then jumping along the N. shore SW toward Natashquan.

Your idea SURE peaks my interest!!!!! Problem is, I have yet to run into anyone (RV'r) who's pursued this route. BOY!!...would it ever be FUN!!....though I spose we (wife & I) couldn't do it as we fulltime in a big rig, towing, and I'm guessing that those ferry's might not be able to handle us....DANG!!! What rig outfit are you thinking of using if traveling this route???

For the heck of it, I'm still going to continue exploring to find info about your idea.....who knows....it might open up a whole new travel destination/route for RV'rs. Stay in touch...eh? Steve & Lynette

Hawkeye111:

Hi from Tampa area!! Ya know, I've noticed your post on this FMCA site for the past few weeks and at first, I kinda dismissed it as not do-able. That is,...I really didn't think there was a ferry system along the N. shore of the St. Lawrence that would connect somewhere near Natashquan, Quebec, so ya might drive WSW toward Quebec City. HOWEVER, your idea has kinda stuck in my mind and I've been looking closer at that route. YA KNOW....it just might be do-able :rolleyes: . There seem to ferry routes from St. Anthony (N. Newfoundland) across to Labrador and then jumping along the N. shore SW toward Natashquan.

Your idea SURE peaks my interest!!!!! Problem is, I have yet to run into anyone (RV'r) who's pursued this route. BOY!!...would it ever be FUN!!....though I spose we (wife & I) couldn't do it as we fulltime in a big rig, towing, and I'm guessing that those ferry's might not be able to handle us....DANG!!! What rig outfit are you thinking of using if traveling this route???

For the heck of it, I'm still going to continue exploring to find info about your idea.....who knows....it might open up a whole new travel destination/route for RV'rs. Stay in touch...eh? Steve & Lynette

Driving a 22" Born Free with a E-350 Chassis and Triton Gas V-10 engine, no toad. I appreciate your interest, and if you discover sosmething that clarifies the potentials, write, I will do the same. Thanks for responding.

Jay

Driving a 22" Born Free with a E-350 Chassis and Triton Gas V-10 engine, no toad. I appreciate your interest, and if you discover sosmething that clarifies the potentials, write, I will do the same. Thanks for responding.

Jay

Jay:

Have been inquiring on other sites to see if anyone has input but as yet....nada. I see you reposted under Campgrounds above which is a good idea. Geeze....the more I think about your idea, the more interested I become. That sure would be an interesting route...at least for you guys in your Built for Two. Before going full time we haunted Humboldt and were VERY seriously considering a Born Free and may downsize to such a rig in the future. It one of the GOOD ONES!!

Do stay in touch re: what ya might find about this route, and we'll do the same. Steve & Lynette