mapleskoff

Oak Plantation Campground

Has anyone any recommendations regarding OAK PLANTATION CAMPGROUND, near Charleston, SC?  We are looking to spend about a week in the area when our grand daughter gets married next May, and her Fiance graduates from The Citadel.  All recommendations are welcome.  Thanks in advance.

Doc Mike

We've stayed at Oak Plantation a few times and liked it.  It's convenient to stuff in the Charleston area.  Only problem I recall is trying to make a left turn out of the park at certain times of the day.  Sites we have been on were roomy and worked well for us.  I would stay there again.      Lots of folks like James Island County park.  We have not stayed there but the time or two we rode through there it seemed pretty crowded, particularly in summer with the other attractions in the park open.  Some of my family members have been there and really like it though.

We have stayed at both Oak Plantation and James Island. Except for the speed bumps every 50 ft and the weird people that work at/ run it Oak Plantation has nice sites and is convenient to much of Charleston. Even the traffic problems on 17 can be overcome by using the adjacent roads. James Island County Park is great if you like a more woodsy / camping experience.