ajshepherd

2017 March FMCA 95th Convention

Hello:

I have registered for our first FMCA convention.  What can I expect?  It will be our first semi-boondocking experience, (We did reserve 50 amp power) but no water or sewer.  I would like to come somewhat prepared and we are both hoping to meet a lot of new friends.  Maybe get some education and provide some volunteering along the way.  Any guidance you can provide us newbie's will be well received!

Full fresh water tank and empty grey and black tanks!  I paid for 50A at Perry...when I got parked I found that each site also came with water and sewage...you never know.  If your going to volunteer, now is a good time to call FMCA and do that.  You will receive all the information off what, where, when, holding area prior to entry and driving directions prior to your arrival, in the mail, unless you have opted for will call. 

If your a volunteer, you'll be notified when to arrive, It will be several days earlier, due to orientation class on what you'll be doing, getting to know the lay out, etc.

Carl

1 hour ago, Manholt said:

Full fresh water tank and empty grey and black tanks!  I paid for 50A at Perry...when I got parked I found that each site also came with water and sewage...you never know.  If your going to volunteer, now is a good time to call FMCA and do that.  You will receive all the information off what, where, when, holding area prior to entry and driving directions prior to your arrival, in the mail, unless you have opted for will call. 

If your a volunteer, you'll be notified when to arrive, It will be several days earlier, due to orientation class on what you'll be doing, getting to know the lay out, etc.

Carl

Hi Carl:

When I registered I did include the safe RV driving class for both of us, and requested volunteering also.  I had to call FMCA directly as they do not have the 50A available on the registration page.  That option was limited, so I wanted to get registered early and avoid disappointment.  Good to know we may be requested to arrive earlier, that will help with our forward planning.  Thanks for the great guidance and advice.  I will keep you posted, and hope to see you there!

Tony.