sydneynichols123

Pay As You Go Wifi Hotspots

I went to unlimited data last week at Verizon for my phone and mifi.  I've used 6.5 gig in 3 days which would have been over 1/2 of a month on my former plan.

Well it will be fun to see what happens. My limited experience is when they talk unlimited data there is usually a choke point someplace where the speed slows down. You have unlimited data but it may take a while. Kind of like back a few years when I had a 600 baud modem. I had unlimited data but it took 15 minutes to download a gray scale picture. But we were excited about it. :D

Bill

Bill.  Try 1992 on a IBM 360, I had a security patch that took 5 hours to download, using Roadrunner cable ! :(

In 1999, my last consulting contract for 12 months, I was using AutoCAD, don't remember witch one...I was amazed at the ease and speed of drawing up a Blow Out Prevention System for deep water drilling, along with all the umbilical line's for on/off, sub sea operation ! :wub:  I have seen some of the new systems, unreal what they do today! :huh: 

4 hours ago, manholt said:

Bill.  Try 1992 on a IBM 360, I had a security patch that took 5 hours to download, using Roadrunner cable ! :(

In 1999, my last consulting contract for 12 months, I was using AutoCAD, don't remember witch one...I was amazed at the ease and speed of drawing up a Blow Out Prevention System for deep water drilling, along with all the umbilical line's for on/off, sub sea operation ! :wub:  I have seen some of the new systems, unreal what they do today! :huh: 

You are right. I saw a demonstration of one of the engineering tools at work. They were displaying all the air flow under the F-35 stovl AC, showing air flow,volume and turbulence in real time from all sources. It was pretty impressive. We also had cad /catia available in the shop.

Bill