rfsod48

Ground fault failed

The ground fault plug in the bathroom went out when daughter in law used her hair curler. Would not work after. Lights in bathroom and water pump work. Strip plugs in kitchen don't  work. All the fuses are good and breakers are okay. I replaced the ground fault plug with no luck  

Any thought of what else to check? Do the breakers need to be reset?

Thanks,

Roland

Roland,

Have you tried to recycle the breaker by turning off then flip back on?  Many times a breaker may look like it is closed but actually it's open.

Blake

I have not  tested this but I have read that the GFs used in MHs are different than ones for households...something about the way MHs are wired to ground.

I had a GF go off on me last week, in the shop for Texas Custom Coach, no mater how many times I pushed re set, nothing...went outside and looked at my inverters/converters, I have 2 at 2,800 PSW each, both lights was green, then checked my OCM ECM boards...1 blown 15A plug in fuse.  The tech told me later that some times you got to disconnect coach from elect post, before the GF will allow you to reset...then connect shore power again.

Carl