Sign in to follow this  
hermanmullins

Chapter Affiliations

May a Chapter be affiliated with more than one area? As and example, may a Chapter that is in the INTO area also be affiliated with South Central. I have looked at the By Laws and the Standing Rules and can't find an answer. Perhaps I overlooked it. The question in my mind was if a chapter was affiliated with two area would their National Director be able to vote for items in each area? I know at the National level the Chapter would only have one vote.

Herman

Herman, I got on Governance and also, could find nothing on 2 or more affiliations, as a chapter, so I called a person I have known since before 1971 and he said there was no reason at the time, to even consider such a situation, as there is no reason to do it now.  A chapter belongs to an area and INTO covers all areas, 1 chapter= 1 ND equals 1 Vote! 

Now, over thinking it,, you can confuse the issue. :lol::rolleyes:

Carl 

I just ask question that will tax those ole minds out there. Got to keep them active, However there are some out there that might need more then questions to remain sharp.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Herman, I think?

Per FMCA Bylaws Article XVI - Area Associations

(3) Each chapter shall be a member of, and shall be equally represented in, a designated area association.

Each chapter is assigned an area for representation purposes.  If you feel your chapter should be in a different, you can request to be moved to a different area.

On 10/23/2016 at 8:50 AM, manholt said:

Wayne, I think he's lost...:P

He has to be careful. There are so many little men running around in his head that he never knows which one is going to pop up and say something. :D