glsponchos

Dish and the Trav'ler

I have a 2010 Allegro Bus 43QGP.  I bought the coach used.  It has the in motion antennae and a Dish based Trav'ler installed. 

Does anyone know if the Hopper / Super Joey combo (DISH Network HOPPER (includes Sling) Super Joey Combo for Recording 8 Shows at Once (RECORD8-KIT)) is compatible with the Trav'ler. 

Also, I'm told that the Allegro IR repeater doesn't work with Dish and that you had to buy a kit.  Anyone heard of that ?  The wiring for the IR repeater, picture attached, has several AUX like plug in's along with a white two prong chord.  Assuming all that needs to plug into something.

I'm not getting help from Dish.  They only support the 211 for RV.  The local dealer won't touch it because its an RV. 

Advice ??

IR Wiring.JPG

While you are showing a mess, it's not of much help with your setup.  If you are certain you had a Trav'ler designed for Dish then the answer is yes, it will work with a Hopper/Super Joey setup.  It will require some additional wiring and the necessary splitters that you would find in a home setup but it will work.  Once the Trav'ler is up and pointed it is the exact same antenna you have at home.

Where there is an issue is with the Hopper 3 which requires a different LNB.  Rumor has it that it can be adapted to the Trav'ler, there is not much information about that currently available.

You mention 8 tuners and that's not what the original Hopper/Super Joey can do.  That combo only brings you up to 5.  Maybe you are actually talking about the Hopper 3.

Thanks.  The 8 came from the ad I cut and pasted from.  I'm a fish out of water when it comes to satellite.  I managed to find a Dish rep who considered my RV to be by home and agreed to send a tech out.  We'll see what that yields.

Does anyone know anything about the IR splitters that come with the Tiffin's ?

Yes!  The folks on the Tiffin Forum!  If you have not joined yet you should do so right away.  They don't play well with the Dish receivers but if you are getting new equipment from Dish you should make sure that it is all setup for use with RF instead of IR and you won't have any issues with IR repeaters.

http://tiffinrvnetwork.com/forum/

That forum is pretty good and not all have a Tiffin.  The forum is not sanctioned by Tiffin officially  I was on it for the 30 months I owned a 2011 Allegro bus!

Carl.