ajshepherd

Bendix Switch Slide Control Location(s)

OK, Country Coach Allure 470 Chassis experts:

I have located one of three Bendix switches (See photo).  The top switch is the one of three.  The second lower switch is the brake light switch, so forget that one.  All three switches look the same and are are located in the bay directly below the drivers area, but I can only find this one.  Anyone know where the other two are located please?

AAAIMG_1255.JPG

AAAIMG_1258.JPG

ajshepherd, It looks like there are red air lines running into the one black box, next to the air (chuck fitting)? I can not blow up the picture enough to read the name on the box from the angle the picture was taken and if all the wires going to the Bendex (air operated)switches are white, I do not see any wires in the wiring going upwards, but it sure looks like ones that you can see run down, but do not go past the lower edge of the inner black box.

Could you enlighten the group as to what the other 2 Bendix switches do or control? and maybe post the name on the box that I can not read.

Note, it sure looks like there is an air chuck fitting just to the lower left of the back box as well.

Rich.

Hi Rich:

The name on the black box is Bussmann.  The two red lines going into the box are 12V cable wires from a relay above (I think).  I will confirm this weekend as MH storage is about an hour R/T, but I will have more time to tinker Sunday.  I can give an update then.  I need to look under the MH and I have to raise it so I can get under.  The location search question came up as we are purchasing a select amount of unique spares for the MH that I can change in an emergency.  On the list for this MH are thee Bendix switches (Soi we can close the slides if they fail.  Each switch controls a slide, we have four slides, three are hydraulic with the Bendix switches.  The fourth is a different brand.  Yes the bottom fitting is an air chuck.  I will try to get more photos and do some more hunting to include removing the covers from the Bussmann box Sunday!  Thanks!

Have you thought about posting this question with CC Tech Dept?  All of the old Tech's are still there!  

Carl

20 hours ago, ajshepherd said:

Hi Rich:

The name on the black box is Bussmann.  The two red lines going into the box are 12V cable wires from a relay above (I think).  I will confirm this weekend as MH storage is about an hour R/T, but I will have more time to tinker Sunday.  I can give an update then.  I need to look under the MH and I have to raise it so I can get under.  The location search question came up as we are purchasing a select amount of unique spares for the MH that I can change in an emergency.  On the list for this MH are thee Bendix switches (Soi we can close the slides if they fail.  Each switch controls a slide, we have four slides, three are hydraulic with the Bendix switches.  The fourth is a different brand.  Yes the bottom fitting is an air chuck.  I will try to get more photos and do some more hunting to include removing the covers from the Bussmann box Sunday!  Thanks!

From the information I have found, the slide out system uses HWH equipment that are hydraulic cylinders. So it looks like the air switches close to provide power to a module for each slide. That would lead me to believe that the air switch could be located near each slide. The one you pictured would control the slide right behind the drivers seat.

Carl's thought about contacting CC is a good one and you could ask if they can provide some PDF files covering the system. You might not totally understand them, but having information on file is always handy. Systems rarely fail when the coaches are parked in the driveway or in storage and not all service centers have files for every coach on file.

Rich. 

ajshepered, This is a chart of the slide room options for some of the Country Coach's. This is one of the factors that make figuring out what is causing an issue could be on different coach's. Think is a list for the 2009-400 series. Each item listed has some settle differences. 

Rich.

Country Coach slide out Room Special Features

x—Bedroom(DS): with single cylinder slide-out room

Extension mechanism (Floor plane dependent)

x--Bedroom (DS): Power Gear Slide-out Room extension mechanism.

x—Bedroom (PS): HWH lateral arm slide-out room

extension mechanism (Floorplan dependent)

x—Passenger side: HWH X-slide-out room extension mechanism

(Floor plane dependent)

X—Passenger-side Power Gear slide-out room extension mechanism.

x—Drivers side Power Gear flush floor room extension mechanism.

(Floorplan dependent)

x—Bedroom(PS): HWH single cylinder slide-out room extension mechanism.

(45 ft. units only)

x—Bedroom (DS): HWH lateral arm slide out room extension mechanism.

(45 ft. units only)

x—Drivers side: HWH X-slide out room extension mechanism.

(45 ft. units only)

x—Passenger side: Power Gear flush floor room extension mechanism.

(45 ft. units only)

x—Fiberglass Vacuum laminated exterior slide out room wall.

x—Push button slide out activation panels.

x—Slide out room cover awnings.

x—Emergency hand operated winch for HWH slide out rooms.

Hi Guys:

Thanks for the great information.  I could not get to the MH this weekend, but we are going on a rally Thursday and I plan to look then.  If I'm still stumped, then I will call CC Friday.  This effort is for a potential issue in the future.  Better know now than in the dark at a campground!

FWIW our four slides are as follows:

x—Bedroom(PS): HWH single cylinder slide-out room extension mechanism.

(45 ft. units only)

x—Bedroom (DS): HWH lateral arm slide out room extension mechanism.

(45 ft. units only)

x—Drivers side: HWH X-slide out room extension mechanism.

(45 ft. units only)

x—Passenger side: Power Gear flush floor room extension mechanism.

(45 ft. units only)

x—Push button slide out activation panels.

x—Slide out room cover awnings.

x—Emergency hand operated winch for HWH slide out rooms