gatorbites

Steering Wheel Radio Volume Control: '15 Itasca Ellipse

We have an 2015 Itasca Ellipse.  The radio volume control on the steering wheel is malfunctioning in that when you attempt to lower the volume it will basically double in volume.  That hurts!  We're still under full warranty and are being told by Winnebago that the volume control switch is no longer available.  The switch was manufactured by ASA Electronics and they told me that the OEM requested discontinuation of the part.  I have also learned that any coach manufactured by Winnebago after August 2016 has a different switch, i.e. some of the 2017's have the same volume switch as our coach.  

Is anyone else having this problem and how is being addressed?

gatorbits,

Welcome to the Forum. 

Since your coach is under warranty you should go to your dealer and tell him that changing part numbers is not your problem.  They must repair the coach to the condition they sold it in. Be nice but also put your request in writing, dated and have your dealer sign and date your copy. This is in case Winnebago trys to put it off til after the warranty expires. 

This a CMS situation. 

Herman 

On 12/13/2016 at 9:51 AM, gatorbites said:

Thanks Herman.  Yep, it's well documented!  I'm being told that the "RV Industry" doesn't have to maintain part availability like the automotive industry does. 

I would tell them they are still required to fix it under warranty. If the 2017 coaches have the same switch why can't they use one of them on your coach?

Bill