Gauke

RV Storage In Austin Or Ft Worth TX For Three Weeks

We are going to be in Texas for the month of January, home (NC) for February and then Arizona for March for FMCA.  Instead of driving home after our Texas tour we are considering leaving the coach in either Fort Worth or Austin, flying home and then flying back in about three weeks to continue our trek to Arizona.  It will surely be easier on the coach and our bodies and I “think” in the long run it will be less expensive.  Can anyone give me any ideas on where we could keep the RV in either of those areas?  Are there any local RV parks that we could consider?  An RV friend suggested we do this but I am at a loss as how to even start the process.  Any suggestions would be most appreciated!

Just as a suggestion, Gauke, I would lean more towards Austin or even further south because the temp can drop into the teens in north Texas in January. I would Google rv parks in and around Austin and start calling for information.

Or, even Houston,  then a straight shot across I 10 to Arizona.  And yes, even warmer temperatures.  Don't know where you live, but a lot of reasonable flights with South West Airlines from Hobby Field in Houston.

I second the Huston plan. In Fort Worth there is going to be a string of really cold,for hear, days starting tomorrow. The temperature will drop from mid 70s to low to mid 20s overnight. Houston would be my choice of a place to leave my coach. I take it you are not going to winterise it. If you do winterise it. You could leave it anywhere. I would still look at the Houston area. The last time I stayed in Houston it was here. Eastlake RV Resort,11802 Lockwood Rd, Houston, TX 77044, eastlakervresort.com, (832) 243-6919.

It isn't far from the airport and they had some storage area.

Bill

Next question is are you seeking outdoor, indoor with or without 15 amp power (to keep batteries, refrigerator, etc going?

There ARE storage facilities that are indoors with 15 amp where you can lock the coach in your own unit.

Enough of us around the Houston metro that we can help if you know what you want.  And, no we have never winterized here-- but we are 20 miles south of Houston/same side of town as Hobby Airport.

Brett, you park inside, right?

I park outside and I winterize only by draining the tanks and blowing out the lines with about 30 psi of air. I'm not worried about the overnight lows but we have in the past had temperatures below freezing for two or three days late in the night to early morning.  Just peace of mind.

Guake, places with 120v are full up so make storage reservations early if that is what you want.  For open air you would have a better chance.

There are many RV Parks with storage capabilities. Just search on the words: rv park storage houston, or whatever city you decide on.