scottishwarrior

Storage Doors

Does anyone have info on how to obtain exterior storage doors? I have a 2008 Dolphin Class A model DL35C with two damaged extreme right rear doors. Did any company take over some of National RV's stock when they went out of business in Nov 2007? Body shops can repair doors but their estimates are a way out of line compared to buying manufactured items ( in most cases ). Any help would be much appreciated. :rolleyes::)

I'm not aware that National RV was bought out by anyone else. As they put it themselves in an article I read here "There's a chance that Fleetwood or another company like Thor could just buy certain brands off them," Thompson said. "But at the end of the day, it's too much of a liability to buy the whole company."

I would guess you may be out of luck on buying replacement parts. Is the damage something you can claim on your insurance?

I'm not aware that National RV was bought out by anyone else. As they put it themselves in an article I read here "There's a chance that Fleetwood or another company like Thor could just buy certain brands off them," Thompson said. "But at the end of the day, it's too much of a liability to buy the whole company."

I would guess you may be out of luck on buying replacement parts. Is the damage something you can claim on your insurance?

Still following the insurance angle. I was just hoping an easier source would be some supplier who happens to have the proper doors on hand.

A call to a friend with a National DP and some digging has revealed this list of dealers who are reported to have purchased parts from National.

I have not verified any of it, but it should give you a good starting place. Good hunting:

Giant RV

Corona, CA

888-564-5247

Ortega Manufacturing (he suggests you start here)

3960 Industrial Ave

Hemet, CA 92545

951-766-9363

Temecula Valley RV

Murrieat, CA

951-894-2347

Walt's RV Surplus

16616 Valley Rd

Fontana, CA 92335

909-823-0563

Brett Wolfe

If you go to the top of the page and click the tab SEARCH then enter salvage you will come up with a listing of about a dozen articles here on the forum dealing with salvage dealers. There are dozens of RV Salvage Yards in the US and they will ship materials to you if they aren't close enough for you to visit personally. If you can't find a new door, I'd give the salvage yards a try. One of the articles is here.