Jim Ronk

Towing A Honda Accord

We are going to start using our 2010 Accord as a Toad on a dolly.  My question: which dolly is best for the Accord as NOT to come in contact with the dolly in tight turns. We tried a friend's Master Tow and it would not work.

I know some are wider than others. We are flat towing our Ranger now but need seating for more than 2.  

Anyone towing an Accord on a dolly?  

Would love to hear from you.  

Thanks.

2 hours ago, Jim Ronk said:

We are going to start using our 2010 Accord as a Toad on a dolly.  My question: which dolly is best for the Accord as NOT to come in contact with the dolly in tight turns. We tried a friend's Master Tow and it would not work.

I know some are wider than others. We are flat towing our Ranger now but need seating for more than 2.  

Anyone towing an Accord on a dolly?  

Would love to hear from you.  

Thanks.

Welcome to the forum. The first question is what model of Master Tow Dolly does your friend have? The web site shows one model the 80TDH is wider. http://www.mastertow.com/tow_dollies.html

I have a Acme tow dolly with disk brakes I used to tow a Civic. You need to be absolutely clear on the proper procedure to set it up to tow. I believe on the Master you lock the steering so the wheels can't turn as it has a pivoting base plate. 

Any questions let me know.

Bill

Jim, 

Welcome to the Forum. If you are towing a vehicle on a dolly and you are hitting then you may be turning too sharply. Was the dolly you tried a steerable? 

Herman 

I tow a Honda Accord 2003 with a Kar Kaddy ss. No problems. I do have to put a board in front of the ramp to raise the wheels up so the front fascia does not hit the center where the license plate holder would go when not towing.

6 hours ago, Jebcarey said:

I tow a Honda Accord 2003 with a Kar Kaddy ss. No problems. I do have to put a board in front of the ramp to raise the wheels up so the front fascia does not hit the center where the license plate holder would go when not towing.

Welcome to the forum. The OP hasn't been back to answer any questions or to comment. I use to use a couple of the blocks for under the jacks when the terrain caused a problem loading my Civic. I have a Acme dolly.

Bill