pcowen

Invisibrake - Pump Toad Brake Pedal

Two years ago I got great feedback from group on ideas to address problems with my Invisibrake working intermittently (2014 Hondra CRV - 2014 Fleetwood Bounder).  When I get ready to tow my CRV after going through set up and idle, after I turn engine off I pump the CRV brakes twice and haven't had a problem since.  Thank you all for help. 

Yes I always pump my brakes to get all the "power" out of the system. You can lock up and slide the tires on your toad and get strange looks from people in the campground.:o

Bill

pcowen,

I am not sure what pumping the toad brakes achieves, as the Invisibrake (assuming proper installation) DOES pull a vacuum on the brake booster as well as apply the brake pedal.

Do you have a line from the Invisibrake box that "T's" into the line from engine to brake booster to provide vacuum? And, does it work-- pull the front break-away pin and feel for vacuum.

Brett:

My toad is in storage so I will stop by and test your idea.  You helped me when I did my intial post and it eventually lead me back to Roadmaster.  The tech I talked with provided the idea of pumping the brake.  The installation has been checked and is good.   Will be in Chandler (flying out from Chicago) for rally and intend to stop by and chat with Roadmaster. 

Read many of your posts and ideas so I will follow up.

regards,

Phil Cowen

Phil,

Stop by and meet other FMCA Forum members in Chandler: Forum Meet & Greet – Wednesday, 3/ 8 4:45 p.m. - 5:45 p.m. Seminar 2