gordonpond

Battery Cutoff Problem: '99 Coachmen Catalina

I bought a '99 Coachmen Catalina late last summer and, after taking it out for a week's trip for a shakedown, put it away for the winter and turned off the battery by way of the Intellitec BD2 battery cutoff panel.  Now the cutoff doesn't seem to be working to turn the batteries back on so I can start the RV.  The batteries test fully charged.

I want to check to see if the Intellitec unit is working but I have no idea where it is on the coach.

I don't have any schematics showing were everything is in the RV (Ford Engine) but the user's manual suggests the unit should be located close to the batteries - which it isn't.

If anyone has one of these RVs or at least a Coachmen model from a year around 1999 and knows where this unit is, please help.

Rich, good information. gordonpond, we had a 1998 Santara that did the same thing but ONLY on the HOUSE side. The chassis battery is only connected to the engine as it was from Ford. Is the battery dead? Have you tried the boost switch on the dash to start the engine from the house battery?

If you are having house battery problems;

Go to the house battery storage (under the entry step on ours) the breakers and solenoid are all located there. Our solenoid went bad over a winter, when I pressed the switch I could hear it snap, but it wasn't making contact inside. If you have a test light check the two poles on top with the switch on and you should have power. the solenoid looked like this;

The following year, same problem, that was a bad ground on the house battery, FYI it was only 12" from the battery, follow the negative cable.

Solenoid.jpg