newellan

Heart Interface Source Manager 25 inverter/charger

I have a 2003 American Tradition with the above Inverter/Charger.

It does not charge my house batteries when plugged into shore power and they eventually goes dead. I had it checked by a couple of repairman and they couldn't seem to find the problem.

Has anyone else experience a problem with this unit and if so what were their results?

Let's make sure we are talking about the same thing.  The House bank is the one that the inverter/charger normally charges.  On some, it also charges the chassis bank.

So we ARE talking about the HOUSE bank.

Assume you do have 120 VAC to the inverter/charger. Does it show to be charging (voltage/amps) on the remote panel?

When shore power off/generator off and you turn on the inverter function, does the inverter work (do you have 120 VAC to the microwave for example)? If so, that would prove that the large amp/slow burn fuse between inverter/charger and house battery bank is intact.

Thanks for your reply wolfe10. Actually I posted this trying to help my brother-in-law. When he's got it plugged into shore power  he's not getting 120 VAC inside coach, the microwave shows no power at all. He has replaced all the house batteries. I know that this unit has a transfer switch built into it and might have fail. I know they usally fail on one side or the other (generator or 120 VAC). I told him to start genset and see if he got 120v inside, don't know if he's done that yet. I will get him to try your last sugestion. Again thank for your help.

See if there is power to the roof A/C's.  They are NOT supplied through the inverter.

That will tell you if power is reaching the 120 VAC main breaker box.

So many variables, when your dealing second hand.  Any chance you can get your brother-in-law to join Forum, so we can deal with him direct?  He need not be a FMCA member!  We would certainly like it if he would join, but not mandatory.

Carl

On 4/4/2017 at 11:13 AM, newellan said:

I have a 2003 American Tradition with the above Inverter/Charger.

It does not charge my house batteries when plugged into shore power and they eventually goes dead. I had it checked by a couple of repairman and they couldn't seem to find the problem.

Has anyone else experience a problem with this unit and if so what were their results?

Got to ask how old the batteries are and if all the connections are clean and tight?

Hart source manager inverter / charger information.

Rich.

Source_Manager_II_Owner's_Manual_(1).pdf