Siligato1

East Coast To West Coast Transport RV By Train?

We have limited time off but want to use our RV on west coast. We live in New England.

Is there a train that would take RV to West Coast that we could fly over and meet and thus take only a few weeks off of work.

Siligato1,

Welcome to the Forum. 

My suggestion would be to rent a unit out on the West coast. It may not be your own but a small Class C could be used for visiting as well as camping.

Just a thought. 

Herman 

You can also hire company's to drive the RV for you and then drive it back.  My guess would be that this would be more affordable if you could find someone you could trust.  Of course, that would also apply when it left your hands headed for the railroad yard.

After working for RR for 26 years they would be the last ones I would trust. It will probably take weeks to get there and you don't know where it would be set off while waiting for right train going in the right direction.

I have met folks who has shipped their Class A via Ship and Air, but not train,  Well there was one, Copper Canyon, Mexico.  You stayed on a flat car, don't remember how many days that tour lasted.  Fantasy tours had it for years, then it shut down.

They do have several company's that will drive your coach anywhere and back.  Bonded and Insured.  Cost?  It aint cheap!