Sign in to follow this  
gfotopap

Rear Leveling Jack Bracket Failed

The left rear jack suddenly failed and bent out about 5 degrees while I was leveling my 2015, Fleetwood Southwind 34A.  I can see a bracket has failed. I was on a level gravel lot.  Have had problems with the right rear jack not fully deploying and I had to manually adjust.  The dealer examined the jacks last year and found nothing wrong.  This was after I found a sheared off bolt in each of the base plates.  I took pictures and saved the bolts but the dealer and the Fleetwood could not explain. Fleetwood even said the bolts could have been left on the rail during manufacture.  Now I am faced with repairs to the jack and who knows what else,  The RV is within GVRW of 22K lbs, as i weighed the RV.

This is my first Class A, and although I am new to RVing, I follow the instructions closely while leveling.  All Slideouts in, etc.

BTW, I purchased new and have other major recurring problems with this motor home since purchase.  The first 15 months of ownership, it has been in the shop for warranty work over 110 days.

As to repairs to the jack, I found a company in North Jacksonville FL who said they can fix it.  Any idea How Much?

Welcome to the Forum!

What is the make of your Jacks?  They are the ones you need to deal with...not Fleetwood, they only installed the Jacks and do not warrenty them.  You have a separate warranty on all none Fleetwood components!

HWH is Moscow, Iowa (I think).  Powegear is Mishawaka, IN.  I don't know about Attwood.

On my Fleetwood Discovery the Power Gear jacks are mounted to the frame rails.  When the rear jacks are down the frame twists a little and the jacks angle outward some.  I used chain and a large turnbuckle to hold them straight and so far it seems to work.

Thank you both.  The system is Power Gear. I spoke to a technician and sent photos same day.  As of today, no response back.

As to the chain and turnbuckle, that seems like a hassle and a design flaw in the system overall.  Best wishes All

I would call them back first thing Monday morning and ask for the Supervisor of the Tech Department.  If that don't work, then send a nice letter with photo copies and certified, via snail mail.  You will get someone's attention.

Good Luck 

4 hours ago, manholt said:

.... If that don't work, then send a nice letter with photo copies and certified, via snail mail.  You will get someone's attention.

Good Luck ....

Send the letter certified so you'll get a return receipt.