QuiGonJohn

New Dashboard Stereo Install

So on our last camping trip, we stopped in at some Camping Worlds, among other things we were looking for possibly a new stereo for the dashboard unit.  The old one had several buttons that would no longer work.  If they had one, we would have had them install it.  Well it turns out they do not have any or do that.  But the guy talked with us about what we wanted and recommended Crutchfield.  We saw a model we really liked at Walmart and Crutchfield had almost the exact same unit.  We ordered it and they gave us a bunch of help with a dash installation kit and wiring harness for our Ford E-450.  We installed it last weekend.  Had a few hurdles to get over, the wiring was slightly different.  Onto the factory connector, Winnebago added a harness used to control power to the stereo so it either came from the Engine Battery or the House Batteries.  But I was able to wire that into the harness from Crutchfield.  Also had a bit of difficulty cutting the opening wider to fit the stereo, but finally got it all worked out.  One thing about this stereo that I kind of knew, but did not realize it would be such a benefit is, it has a place in the right side to insert a Micro SD Card, up to 32GB.   I got a 32GB card.  So I will be able to load that up with my entire music library and it will all be selectable from the Touch Screen on the front of the stereo.  No messing with an MP3 Player, iPhone or other Smartphone bluetoothing into it, etc.  Basically, the stereo will be loaded with all my music available whenever we want it.  Originally, I planned to use my MP3 Player with this stereo in the AUX jack, but this is so much better and more convenient.  Attached are two pics of the installed stereo.

P5120094.JPG

P5120095.JPG

That looks good, and the aux in can be used to add a sat receiver. Also the Bluetooth hookup for the phone can be greatly appreciated.

Good Bye to $249 a year Sirus!  :D Like that a lot.  My taste in music depends on the moment and Sirius does not have the flexibility!

Thanks

manholt, funny our original unit had Sirius, we never used it.  Still have the box under the driver's seat.  I had been using the MP3 Player, but this Micro SD is gonna be much nicer.  I can view the folders (artists) and song list for each folder, right on the screen.  And 32GB is a lot of space.  My MP3 Player is only 8GB and I had about 5GB used.

Thanks, I went to the Crutchfield site and found a easy replacement for 11 year old Dual Stereo.  New one will have blue tooth input for phone and audio and use the same plug so no rewiring or modification to the dash.  Good update as it only cost $79 - 99.  

5 hours ago, manholt said:

Good Bye to $249 a year Sirus!  :D Like that a lot.  My taste in music depends on the moment and Sirius does not have the flexibility!

Thanks

The Sirus is expiring at the end of this month on my pickup and they already sent me an offer to keep it on for $30 for the first six months.  Temping since they added the Beatles channel.  I'm surprise that you can't find a channel you like as there is so many kinds to  switch  around to.  Sill I wouldn't keep it unless it's cheap as free is almost as good.  

I have no problem changing channel when camped, on the road and alone that's another issue!  Most times when on the road, it's on the BB king blues channel, but since he passed away, mow there is a lot of heavy metal on there, time and place for everything...channel 26 is classic rock, but not taking my eyes of road! 70% of my driving in Texas is Farm to Market roads.