Sign in to follow this  
bigkelly

2010 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 42skq LED Install

Gentlemen,

Can anyone give me some pointers on installing a led light strip on my curb side slide out. I want to install the strip at the top. My question is where to run the power supply into the coach at. I have an ac to dc convertor located in the compartment with the TV connections on the overhead R/S above the passenger seat. My concern is the power supply cord must move with the slide out. Have any of you with this make and model performed this task? The upper vent for the Frig is the closest point that I see to access with drilling. However I don't see any place to access that area from the inside. I hope I'm not over thinks this. ( I tend to do that at times). Any advise will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.  

Yes. Its a front kitchen slide out. So there is both  12 volt and 120 available. There is also a receptacle in the lower frig vent compartment outside. 

There is a 2 plug outlet labeled 120 volt 12 volt. That would be the ideal spot for the power supply for the led light. I'm unsure as to what the ampere rating is on that plug in. My plan was to provide a dedicated 12 volt source for the led lights.

However my 120 to 12 volt convertor is not suitable to be located in an area where it could become wet.

Thanks for the reply.   

Is there a 12 volt exterior light already on the outside close to where you want to install the LED light? If so you can use that source instead of using the 120 volt converter.