jimsreyes

Batteries recharge?

I have a 2006 Fleetwood Excursion diesel pusher had to replace house and chassis batteries recently my question is has anyone had any problems or experiences using Batterytender maintainer to keep batteries fully charged. I think my starting batteries are parallel and house batteries are combination series and parallel. Any suggestions?

I have a 2006 Fleetwood Excursion diesel pusher had to replace house and chassis batteries recently my question is has anyone had any problems or experiences using Batterytender maintainer to keep batteries fully charged. I think my starting batteries are parallel and house batteries are combination series and parallel. Any suggestions?

They work great. I use one and lots of guys I know use them with their RVs and boats. If your house batteries are 6 volt then make sure you connect to one of the banks of the 2 combined. Otherwise for 12 volt batteries they are just a normal battery charger albiet low amperage.

Check out The 12 Volt Side Of Life for lots of great information on everything 12 volt related on RVs

To give best advice on how to keep both your HOUSE and CHASSIS battery banks charged while in storage, we need a little more information on your electrical system.

1. I assume you have shore power available while in storage.

2. What converter, charger or inverter/charger do you have?

3. Does it charge just the house bank or both banks?

4. If an inverter/charger, have you programmed it/set the "dip switches"?

5. Are you considering the Batterytender for the chassis battery bank only?

Brett