Sign in to follow this  
DLONG9999

Handicapped Access Class A

DLONG9999,

Welcome to the Forum.

So sorry to hear of your situation. If you don't mind what kind of issues do you have? Is it ability to access the heights of the steps? Have you thought about adding a hand rail to the door. You might have to remove the screen door and make adjustments to the step cover. On the opposite side you might install a longer hand rail that would go all the way to the floor beside the passengers seat.

Should you come up with a solution please let us know. Your solution may help others with a similar problem.

Good luck,

Herman 

Dlong9999,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Do you currently have a motorhome that you are trying to modify-- if so, what is it.  That will help us offer you good advice.

If you do not yet have one, what other considerations are important to you in selecting one?

• Have a 2007 HR Endeavor.
  • My wife has very little use of left arm and therefore all mods have to be made on right side of entry. Looking for a source for extended railing above the standard installed railing. Concerned about fastening of additional railings on side of dash near radio or on top of dash as I do not know what is under these areas.
  • The height of the stairs is a problem also but with help from me she is able to use them (it is a struggle). She is able to use the hand rail on the dash side but when it runs out is where the problem starts.

Dlong,

Not being familiar with your coach I can only visualize in my mind. Is there a way you could install a decorative post secured to the floor and up the sides of your dash. At that point you could extend a hand rail further in and at a height that could give her added support and security. 

Herman 

With a little cleverness of some metal pipe fittings, you may be able to "rig" for lack of better words, a rail that can be attached to the existing hand rails that are already there. If possible attach a picture or two of what is existing and I will be glad to offer some suggestions. Also, I have made step layovers in the past that can be placed on the existing steps that can cut the height of the steps in half without any modifications to the existing steps, only requires a little thought.