charliehamby

Gulf Coast RV Resort

We were recently in Daytona for the Coke Zero 400 & decided to go to Inglis, FL to kayak the Rainbow River. We attempted several times to phone the office @ Gulf Coast RV resort, formerly River Lodge RV Resort, to no avail. We drove on to the RV Resort & arrived at the park office only to find it closed with a sign on the door which read, "If the office is closed, park in an empty site". We located an empty pull-thru site & began setting up. We then made our reservations for a kayak tour for 11:30 the following morning. Before leaving for the tour, we stopped by the office to pay our 2 night stay & were told we would have to move as the site we were on had been reserved. We explained that we had reservations for a kayak adventure tour & needed to be on our way. Again, we were simply told to move. Rule #24 of their Park Rules brochure clearly states, "Site locations are not guaranteed...". We were forced to cancel our kayak tour due to time constraints. The office staff was indifferent at best. Her only suggestion was "move". We typically stay at this resort 2-3 times a year but WILL NOT do so in the future. I do not recommend this RV resort. 

I would not return either and I would make sure you post the information on as many sites as possible to prevent others from running into the same kinds of issues.

RVparkReviews is a good site but they used to require you to review 3 parks before they would allow any to post and if they were all negative they would not post any of them.

One can post in RVParkReviews and subtly indicate the negatives and get it posted.

Point out the facilities and then the truth about what happened. Don't indicate a "not return" and let the reader make up their mind.