Imdiana

Tow Vehicle Brakes

Imdiana,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum,

You will need to pull the brakes and see what all needs to be replaced.  If a shop does it, be sure they know the cause, as wheel cylinders/caliper piston seals may have been severely overheated and need to be replaced. I mention this because they are not visible like brake shoes/pads and drums/disks.

You will also want the brake fluid changed.

23 minutes ago, Imdiana said:

We accidentally left our parking brake on our tow car now it seems we have no brakes any thoughts ?

Welcome to the forum. You haven't added your coach or toad to your signature so I don't know what kind of toad you have. I would take it and have it repaired as Brett posted.

Bill

You might also need to check to see if you flat spotted any tires. Depending on how your emergency brake was set you may have drug the tires some distance before the pads wore down enough to allow the wheels to turn.

I know the horse is already out of the barn but I have my wife watch the tow bar and toad as I pull forward to assure the towbar is set and all the wheels are turning.

I like most have been there - done that

Mine was a Honda CR-V and only took a shop 20 min to readjust the emergency brakes.

Most E brakes won't lock up wheels or flat a tire.

\

But his comment was "NO BRAKES" question is no brakes or no emergency brake? Bill's question about what kind of toad valid as to type of rear brakes, disc or drum. Brett's comments hold and absolutely flush, bleed the system completely as it likely it boiled the fluid and now there are bubbles in the calipers (rear) which would show up as no brakes. This situation a possible issue for either drum or disc but biggest for the disc setup as there is a direct heat transfer from pad to caliper and the fluid. DK, depends on any number of factors but many will lock up the rear wheels and the coach will not know it at all. I can't lock up the Ford but the VWs and the Audis, sure can!