I am new to FMCA and motorhomes. We purchased a 2002 Country Coach afew weeks ago. I have been RVing with trailers for more than 20 years. Motorhomes are way different. The current thing that has me stumpt is a electric valve on the propane line next to the regulator. It seem to be hot all the time. I cant figure out what it doing. It is brite silver in color powered by two wires. I am ready too by pass it and see what happens. While I had the rig stored for the last few weeks it had a bigtime drain on the batt that I never could eliminate. Anyway any help would be appricated.   Jim

It is connected to the LPG detector. Ours is located near the floor in the kitchen. If that alarm sounds, the valve will close. If the batteries get low, the alarm may chirp which is probably due to the batteries not being charged or maintained. You may have a switch near the LPG fill location that can close that valve, also. 

Closing the valve will most likely stop the battery drain also, pretty sure that it requires current to keep it open for safety sake. Also as Ross pointed out there probably is a switch near the LPG fill, will not hurt to leave this off unless you are depending on LP to keep the fridge running. I notice that this your first post, so welcome to the forum.