Sign in to follow this  
N2WKENDS

Replacement Idea's For Privacy Curtains

Hi,

I have a '04 Monaco Diplomat. Just bought this beauty ...and although...it's a beauty....the front privacy curtains are not something I like and are a little worn and ugly.  Does anyone have suggestions on replacing these with something else besides curtains ( those to me are just so outdated).

Thanks for your suggestions and idea's...

Heather 

I installed black out honeycomb cordless shades from Home Depot.  Cut to what ever length you need and they push up and out of the way when not used and help block the heat during the day and totally block the light at night.  I also keep sunshades on my windshield when parked for privacy and to reduce the heat coming in.

Heather,

First, Welcome to the Forum.

We have a 02 Monaco Dynasty and have the windshield curtain. It is a nice fabric and we have had it dry cleaned once. It looked really nice for a while but we are also looking to do an update. Since we live very close to McKinney, TX we will be having MCD Innovations install a power front windshield shade in both day and night shades.  We are also looking to do the window shades as we can. I have looked at both MCD and Shade-Man. Pricing for the window shades are pretty much the same with both companies however with MCD I can drive over and pick them up, install them myself and be close if there are any issues, which I don't expect that there will be. (except with the installer me :wub:)

www.mcdinnovations.com

www.shade-man.com

Either of these companies have booths at all National Conventions. I know that both will be in Perry. GA and Gillette, WY. So be sure to make one or both next year.

Herman

We replaced the cordless pleated hades on the side windows in our Windsor in 2011.  We have the MCD pull down shades, day and night, all around, except the front (driving area) windows.  They are working well and still look like new.  I love a dark room for sleeping and they fit the bill perfectly.

We still have the curtain on the front windows because I haven't seen something that really excites me.  MCD does make a power shade that covers the whole front window but it is quite expensive.  It would also complicate the access to the panels under the cabinets.  I've had several times I needed to get into the space above those panels to get access to the rear of the cabinets.  Any time you want to change electronics in our coach, rerouting or changing cables and power cords involves access to the rear of those cabinets.  Right now, it is difficult enough to have to remove all the curtain hardware.  I would hate to have to take down the entire one piece shade. 

We do have the external sun screens on all the front windows and I highly recommend them for reducing the heat coming in those windows.  They give us privacy while allowing us to see outside during the day.  For now we're still using the curtains at night.  I'll be following this discussion to see what other suggestions and ideas there are for replacing curtains.

Another vote for the MCD shades.

we took our 08 Monaco Camelot over to MCD in McKinney back in 2012.  Did the front and cab window shades.  Got rid of the curtains.  When we sold the coach last month, shades were still in like new condition.