five

Aqua Hot Coolant

I was checking out the AH forum earlier and came a cross an interesting post by Roger Berke, AH guru.  It seems that up until recently any brand/type of propylene glycol was acceptable to be used as coolant.  Here's Roger's post:

"The Camco –100 Boiler Coolant is no longer AVAILABLE FROM Aqua-Hot. They are supplying Century “PINK” coolant, which is an equal product and can be mixed with the Camco –100 Boiler coolant with no problems. The Camco –100 Boiler Coolant remains available from many other sources.

The Century Pink coolant now has the “Approved By Aqua-Hot” logo on the label. To the best of my knowledge the Camco –100 Boiler coolant remains an approved coolant. It is noted on the label that Camco –100 Boiler Coolant is approved for use in Hydro-Hot and Aqua-Hot models [Roger’s Note: NOT EVERY Aqua-Hot model uses this special coolant].

Note that the Century coolant is ‘ready to use’ and should NOT be mixed with distilled water giving you 1 gallon of finished ‘ready to use coolant’. The one gallon size of Camco –100 Boiler coolant, for Aqua-Hot use should be mixed with 1 gallon of distilled water (50% Camco /// 50% distilled water) making 2 gallons of finished ‘ready to use coolant’.

I think the point that deleted was making is that not every propylene glycol product is acceptable for Aqua-Hot use… [Roger’s Note: Specifically the RV waterline antifreeze products that are commonly sold are NOT an acceptable substitute]."

Looks like to be an acceptable coolant now, it must have the AH logo on the container.

Good post Five! I the older ones use regular automobile antifreeze. Not sure where they switched over in their models. Ours uses regular green Prestone premixed. But it was made in 01. Rodger is a great resource for advice and parts.