jenmacias2015

Power Gear Jacks Only Work With Brake Pedal Down

Hi all!  We have a Bounder 31W with Power Gear jacks.

We recently removed a huge electric security system that was draining our battery and now have trouble with the jacks going down.  

The parking brake is set, but the jacks won't go down unless the brake foot pedal is pushed down.

It also makes a whirring sound, like some kind of gear turning maybe?

Then in order to keep the jacks down you have to turn off the car and remove the key.  

Otherwise if you accidentally take your foot off the brake pedal they automatically retract.  

Any suggestions would be helpful.  I've replaced fuses, and replaced at least one relay switch.

Thanks so much!

jenmacias2015,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Please tell us what chassis you have.

If you have hydraulic brakes (gas chassis and a very few DP's) with the engine off and brake pedal pushed, the electric/emergency boost pump comes on.  Absolutely normal.

You need to trace down where Power Gear gets its "parking brake is engaged" signal. Do you have schematics for your coach?

We have a Workhorse chassis.  I don't have the schematics for my coach.  I have located the switch for the parking brake, but someone (possibly previous owner) taped all the wires together.  Any idea where to get the schematics for my coach?

I should also add that I did some extensive "un-wiring" of a security system that was draining our battery, but it was all removing, no adding of any kind, so I don't see anywhere where it would've been connected to the system.

Thanks!

Jen

Contact Fleetwood customer service, they will email you wiring schematics and you may want to go ahead and request the plumbing drawings. You will need your FIN or Vin number when you call.

I'm not sure if you have electric or hydraulic jacks but you may find some help from Powergear/Lippert website. https://www.lci1.com/support-leveling-systems/