dhg2397

Flat Towing 2013 Ford F150 4X4 ecoboost

5 hours ago, dhg2397 said:

Does anybody flat tow a 2013 f150 ecoboost 4X4?

If so does it put mileage on the vehicle? 

Also do you have to pull fuses?

Welcome to the forum. One thing many forget to do is to Put your climate control system in recirculated air mode to prevent exhaust fumes from entering your vehicle.

"does it put mileage on the vehicle?" No it does not put miles on the odometer.

I don't recall the need t pull any fuses.

Towing behind a Motorhome is detailed in depth starting on page 285 of your owners manual. 

Bill

I (sometimes) tow a 2012 F150 Ecoboost.  Can confirm it DOES NOT add miles to the odometer.  Only issues I have ever had were (1) switching the transfer case between 2H & 4L too fast when trying to put it in neutral (you have to do it fairly fast but not too fast) and (2) a faint burning smell after towing on occasion.  Have the same issue with the 2013 Edge but it is not repeatable.  Ford has not identified any issues.  The burning smell does not occur all the time and only on the next drive AFTER towing.

You didn't indicate what your motorhome is but make sure it is rated to two the F150.  Mine weighs in at nearly 7600 pounds.  Many motorhomes are only rated for 5000.

Lenp

dhg.  Welcome to the Forum!

No and No. :) Just be aware of the weight that your coach can handle, if it's a gasser it's normally 5,000 pounds, diesel pusher 10,000 to 20,000 and Super C start at 10,000 and go to 40,000 !  These numbers are not written in stone!  A lot of variables as to why any coach should not go to what it's hitch is rated for.