518robt

2012 V 10 Engine Dies Under Load

I just purchased a used 2012 Tiffin  with the Ford V-10 with 20000 miles.

When there is a load on the motor going up hill, and the transmission downshifts the motor dies out but doesn't stalls, like it's running out of fuel.  I pump the gas petal a few times and then it takes off.

It doesn't do it all the time and the check engine light does not come on. The throttle body has been replaced.

I've been informed that the gas filter is in the gas tank? 

Any ideas?

Thanks

I seriously doubt the filter is in the tank. They may have a mesh around the pick up but not a filter. It does sound like a filter or pump problem. I would check the fuel pressure on the main fuel line. 

I would call Tiffin and ask where is the filter(s) and the pump.

By the way welcome to the forum. 

Bill

518robt Yes Welcome to the FMCA Forum !

Could you post the chassis information. What chassis and the Coach weight listed inside the coach near the drivers station in most cases?

Do you know if the coach set for a extended period of time. Five years old and only 20,000 miles, so it has not been driven much and what part of the country are you and the coach from?

Rich.

It's a Tiffin Allegro Open Road on a Ford chassis GCWR 26000 lb..GVWR 22000 lb. I'm located in Albany NY. I do not know if it sat around a lot. I do see a dealer decal purchased from N.H.

I'm the second owner.

Robert

Robert, is you coach built on a F-350, F-450 or F-53 Chassis ? 

Your location makes for the possibility of some rust build up in the fuel system. One thing  they have done is go to the poly fuel tanks. They  go a long way in reducing fuel tank rust. 

The other item causing the fuel flow to be restricted, are items in high pressure system or if you smell fuel a defective fuel line - That needs a tension ASAP.

Also, get a ford garage to test the fuel pressure and flow rate, then one can zero in on the injectors and control system. 

Also, E 85 fuel can be  an issue if it sets in the lines and it also can affect the different seals, by drying them out. When stroing the coach it is always good to use some additives to reduce the effect of Ethanol. Being the second owner leaves some unanswered question regarding the winterizing of the coach.

Rich