Sign in to follow this  
csippel

Everglades NP visit

Question

We're heading to the Everglades in mid November 2018 because we will be Key West for Thanksgiving. Never been before. From what I've read so far it seems there are really two sides (East and West)? Also are there any differences/unique aspects to Big Cypress? Any suggestions on how and what to see? Thanks in advance for help. 

2 answers to this question

Not sure if you are staying in the everglades area of not.  Obviously you need to do an airboat ride while in that area.  There are tons of vendors to pick from.  Not much in Everglade City and they are still recovering from Irma.

I ride my Harley from Ft. Myers down to that area about every two months.  Usually run Rt. 41 all the way across to Café 27, which is outside of Miami.  I make numerous stops along the wide grassy areas on Rt. 41 down there to walk the sides of the canal and look at gators.  My goal is to get a good photo of a really big one.  So far the biggest one I have a photo of is about 15' tip to tip.  

Guess, he was not very hungry for "Ex-Northern cop"!  They still have all the Rubber Gators on 41? 

csipple. Welcome to the Forum!

Are you camping for a while in that area?  You can't see all there is in just one or two days...I really have no suggestion of where to stay, because of Hurricane Irma...I suggest you hover your mouse over ISP Avatar and you'll see message, send him one...he lives there. :D