richard5933

Custom Coach bus conversions

Curious to see how many others in FMCA own a bus conversion done by Custom Coach in Ohio. These coaches are a special breed, and there are still a good many around. For those not familiar, Custom Coach was doing bus conversion long before any of the current companies started doing them. Custom Coach is now part of Farber, and it looks like they've once again started doing bus conversions using Prevost shells. They also have a Class B conversion using a Mercedes chassis that looks interesting, although I have not seen one done as a motor home yet. A bit of Custom Coach history can be seen here: https://www.farberspecialty.com/custom-luxury-vehicles/history

Our GMC 4108 was converted by Custom Coach in 1974 on a brand new shell. It only has about 43,000 original miles on it, and other than some minor wear on the interior and exterior still looks like it did when it left the production floor. We're working to upgrade some of the electrical and plumbing along with some of the upholstery in order to bring things to the 21st century. I recently was able to get a copy of the original engineer's drawing for our coach, which was #1915 on the Custom Coach production line.

If you've got a Custom Coach conversion it would be great to see photos of what you've got and hear how you're enjoying it.

1915.jpg

Richard,

Very nice to see.  All 3 cookie cutter coaches that I had, from 73' to 83', had almost the same interior as yours.  The only difference, was a back bath and a little change in front, since they where gassers! 

Custom Coach is a chapter of FMCA.  Herman's friend, who makes M&G brakes for toads, in Athens, Texas, is a Charter Member!  There are also the Bus Nut's Chapter!