Sign in to follow this  
grimes1451@gmail.com

Beautiful place to stay in Southwest Colorado

Our daughter rented a full service RV lot in Arrowhead Ranch in Cimarron, Colorado, and loved the experience.  Many of the lot owners rent out their lots in the summer through the local reality.  It is a community of around 200 RV lots.  Arrowhead is a wonderful wildlife experience watching deer graze and may even spot a bear.  The stars are brighter than ever at night.  There is a Lodge on the mountain with a restaurant and weekend live entertainment.  If you want to visit the Black Canyon Gunnison National Park, boat on the largest lake in Colorado, or just gaze at the San Juan Mountains through your RV window this is the place to stay.  I highly recommend this true Colorado Mountain experience.  We too have stayed there three summers.

We go every Summer to Dolores River RV Park in Dolores, CO.  Or West View rv park, Cortez, CO. 

West View opened last year and has no cotton wood trees!  Stayed in Dolores for 6 summer's, lot's of trees.  Both have great access to the San Juan mountains and within a hour of Telluride, 2 hour drive to Moab, Utah!   

Will have to check these parks out.  We are having to sell our RV lot in Arrowhead because Bill’s heart doctor disapproves of him living at 9600 ft.  It breaks my heart.  I love the place but you do what you have to do some times.  We have a 44 ft Motorhome.  It looks like the two parks can accommodate that.  

Mine is a 45' 11".  Have seen plenty of 47' Newell's and a friend travels wit us up there, he's got a 48' Fifth Wheel, no problem!  A lot of people, when they get older, has problems with high elevation.....I'm in 7,000 to over 13,000 almost daily during Summer, but not 9,000+, 24/7!  Takes me 2 weeks playing golf to get acclimated at 7,000+ !

Yeah, we winter in South Texas at 50 feet and summer in Colorado at 9600 feet.  Thought We had a perfect life setup.  We are both still in good health but will take our doctors advice.  Looking for about 7000 feet where the summers are still cool.  It will be hard to replace the unique RVing experience of Arrowhead.  Our lot is 3/4 acre with a view of the San Juan Mountains.  We have a coach house and huge pad for entertaining. 

A new "Y" in the road!  There's always day trips!  You might want to look along Hwy 145, between Dolores and Telluride, also in the Telluride area!

We also like staying in Cutty's resort, east of Salida, also on US. 50.  Beautiful sites in the trees, and lots of activities for the kids and us adults.

Two pools, basketball, tennis, mini golf, dinner on Saturdays, and breakfast on Sundays.

Chris g.

F3508s

We also enjoy the Salida Co area, and the elevation should be no problem for a  person with a heart condition.

There are many places to eat in Salida. Our favorite is the Boathouse Cantina. Literally over hangs the Arkansas River shore line. Most tables look out on the river. No screens. Surprisingly, in the fall when we are there, insects are not a problem. Multiple draft beers are available. Local brews, and Ft. Collins Co craft brews as well. They even have Alaskan Amber ( brewed in Juneau Alaska) on tap. A favorite of mine/the fish tacos. 

Many regulars show up at the bar late afternoon. They offer local color. When the Broncos are playing, the place is very busy. Multiple big screens are easily seen.

Getting thirsty and hungry thinking about it.