Sign in to follow this  
NanMWright

Onan 4000 Micro runs but doesn't power coach

Hi Folks,

I have a Onan 4000 Microquiet in my Forest River Sunseeker (2007). I just had the fuel pump, air and fuel filters replaced and the unit serviced and cleaned.  Now it starts easily and runs quietly, but it doesn't charge anything in the coach...not the outlets, not the fridge, not the AC.  I've checked all the breakers in the coach and they are fine. There seems to be a breaker in the Onan which doesn't resolve the problem when switched on or off. (Note: There does seem to be a leak from the valve cover, but it seems that that should be a separate problem.)

I'm not sure where to look for a solution.  Any suggestions will be appreciated.  Thanks, as always.

Nan

Nan,

Yes, the breakers on the generator need to be ON for power to go to coach. Sometimes hard to tell if they are tripped.  Best to turn them both OFF and back ON.

If you have an ATS (Automatic Transfer Switch) and you are safe working around 120 VAC, you might pull the lid off the ATS and check for power IN and OUT to the main breaker box.

If no power on the IN side, there will be  J box where wiring from generator connects to coach wiring on its way to the ATS.