Sign in to follow this  
keithl

2009 damon with Lippert Jacks stuck down

i just purchased this 2009 Damon used it twice now the levelers won't retract. We have an RV with Lippert Jack system.  We have reset the system and still nothing.

I pulled up the methods with the allen wrench but i can't fit the drill in the area to use not sure if I'm even in the right location-- I'm not mechanical.

What can we try next?

keith

Check the circuit breaker. I had the same problem  mine is on the firewall. Square box about 2" x 2" there is a little flag that sticks out the side. Rotate back in problem fixed. Mine is a 2008 I am sure it's the same just bought mine and on the 3rd use did the same and check your fluid also dont fill when in the down position. 

Look for any leaks around the fittings.  If the hydraulic lines are too stretched, no play, it will chafe at the L connectors and leak.  I replaced all my OEM's with a higher psi line & cut 6" longer than originals....factory bean counters, will nickel & dime you to tears!  

On 9/29/2018 at 6:19 PM, keithl said:

i just purchased this 2009 Damon used it twice now the levelers won't retract. We have an RV with Lippert Jack system.  We have reset the system and still nothing.

I pulled up the methods with the allen wrench but i can't fit the drill in the area to use not sure if I'm even in the right location-- I'm not mechanical.

What can we try next?

keith

Keith,

This happened to me once after a slide repair.  Mechanic came out and discovered that my fluid was low.  He put in a half quart of fluid and the jacks retracted perfectly.  Sometimes it can be the simple things.

If not that, you need to determine if the pump is running.  If not, then look for electrical solutions, as suggested by the other posts.  If the pump is running, then you have a hydraulic issue.  Either way, give Lippert a call.  They have been very helpful to me with technical support.

Ron

Take the weight off of the jacks and they should retract much easier. Also, do not over extend the jacks, put 2X8 boards under jack pads when leveling.