Sign in to follow this  
f258453

Towing: 2018 Lincoln MKX FWD

We are buying 2018 Lincoln MKX FWD. Owners manual walks you through steps to set up for towing 4 down. Has anyone had problems with this car towing. Thanks

We own a 2017 MKX, and have just installed a Blue Ox Base plate and an Air Force One braking system towed by our 2017 Phaeton 40 QBH.  We've been towing it for the past year using a tow dolly, no issues that way as well.  Will start towing it all four down in the next few weeks.  We don't anticipate any issues.  Our MKX is Reserve, FWD, with 2.7L engine.

Our AWD 2014 MKX sedan with twin-turbo V6 towed easily. The 2WD was not approved for flat-towing. DW decided it had too much power, so "we" traded it for a Jeep GC limited.

My 2013 Lincoln MKX FWD has been towed since new, 2013 with no problems with one exception.  The manual states to stop every 4 hours or so and start and run the engine for 5 minutes and go through the routine for towing again. When  did that it seemed the battery did not have enough  juice to start the car. I'd just put a charger on it while I was unhooking and 5 or so minutes later it would crank over.

With that said I now stop every two hours, need to stretch the legs anyhow, and start the car and run it for 5 minutes. So far so good.

Follow the manual and you should have no problems.

Ray, everything I have read says that the 2014 MKX 3.7L is towable FWD and AWD.