My wife and I are fairly new full time RVers and pull a CRV behind our 40 foot Phaeton. We are wondering what you all do with your RVs when you stop some where for a day to see the sights via driving the tow vehicle but are not staying in a RV park that night? Do you park it at a travel center (Pilot, Flying J, Loves), a parking lot ( Walmart, Costco, Mall) or some where else for a full day while you are away visiting the sights? If you leave your RV in  parking lot, travel center, mall, etc, have you had issues with theft, safety or any other issues? I was wondering if you have had problems with theft, vandalism, break-ins while the RV was left alone in a parking lot or travel center for long periods of time?

EMiller,

Welcome to the Forum.

Day excursions while leaving the coach in, say a WalMart, should not be an issue. We have done it many times. We have even stayed in Wally World Parking lots quite often. When we are going from point A to B with out sight seeing we will stay in an RV Park every other night and Wally world in between. 

Never had a problem with Vandalism any where.

Herman 

E Miller.

As Herman indicated we too have done the same. Last year we left it in the desert for 4 days unattended and no issues. This group as a whole seems pretty straight up. THere is common sense to be used. Do not leave valuable things in plain view and ask for a visit from a low life passing by.