Sign in to follow this  
blairarbogast

Flat Towing 2019 Buick Envision

Several months ago, my husband and I purchased our first RV... 2010 Winnebago Aspect 30'... and today (after weeks of researching & shopping for a flat towable vehicle) we put a deposit down on a 2019 Buick Envision which we intend to use for our primary vehicle as well as our toad.  We would like to get all the necessary towing equipment ordered as soon as possible so we can be outfitted to flat tow by Thanksgiving.  We are having difficulty finding information regarding the correct base plate since the vehicle is so new but we are hoping Buick will have good news that the specs haven't changed from the 2018.    We are interested in hearing about other RVers experiences regarding flat towing with this make/model RV and/or vehicle (even prior year models).  Especially interested in recommendations for required towing equipment.  

Before we settled on which car we would purchase, we ordered the Roadmaster All-Terrain Falcon Tow Bar and the Roadmaster Invisibrake system... just waiting on getting the right tow plates for the new car before scheduling installation.  As we have no experience with any of this, my husband is second guessing the Invisibrake system and is willing to scratch his entire order and start over, if necessary, while we can still get refunded.  We intend to keep both the RV and the car for a long time so we want the optimal set up.  

We welcome any and all advise!  Thank you in advance for helping us "Newbies" out!

blairarbogast,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Since you are going with Roadmaster tow gear, I would sure recommend calling Roadmaster to inquire about a baseplate. They will be one of the first to know if the 2018 baseplate works on the 2019.

blair, 

Welcome to the Forum.

Since you have ordered the Roadmaster tow bar let me suggest that you contact Roadmaster and secure the proper base plates for your Buick. They will be very helpful and make sure you get the correct plate for your car. 

Don't forget your tail light harness and breakaway for your brake unit.

Happy Travels

Herman

Brett beat me to the response but as you can see we agree.