sgwatson

Aladdin Screen Dark, Hear Audio From Back Camera

I have a 2004 Beaver Monterey Laguna motorhomes. My Aladdin is original equipment in my coach. When I turn my Aladdin on, the screen remains dark, but I can hear engine noise from my backup camera. I can turn my lighten/darken knob and i can lighten/darken the screen some but no other selections respond. The joystick does not respond. I used the reset knob on the Aladdin, and the screen flickered, slightly. Green light above power button remains lighted no matter what I do. Any idea how I can resolve this situation?

SGWatson. Welcome to the FMCA Forum!

Aladdin equipment is NLA. They used a matrix switching configuration that allowed everything to be displayed on one screen. Wish there was a service manual somewhere for them. Personally think they could be repaired, but with no information . 

Rich.   

5 hours ago, SGWATSON said:

I have a 2004 Beaver Monterey Laguna motorhomes. My Aladdin is original equipment in my coach. When I turn my Aladdin on, the screen remains dark, but I can hear engine noise from my backup camera. I can turn my lighten/darken knob and i can lighten/darken the screen some but no other selections respond. The joystick does not respond. I used the reset knob on the Aladdin, and the screen flickered, slightly. Green light above power button remains lighted no matter what I do. Any idea how I can resolve this situation?

Sorry to tell you this but the monitor picture tube is dead.  You can get a replacement LCD monitor kit for the aladdin system.  I'm replace the one on my coach but can't find the link right now.  Another way to go is get a silverleaf replacement system.  

Edit:  Found link for monitor, Let me know if you need advice to install

http://www.rvcams.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=rvcams&Category_Code=18&Product_Code=WDRV-7063M-UPGD&Search=&Sort_By=newest&Per_Page=40

Edited by huffypuff
found link

13 hours ago, DickandLois said:

Ray, Will the Kit work on an Aladdin system ? The info mentions Weldex.

Rich.

The aladdin is the system and weldex is the monitor no longer being made. Both LCD and old are weldex and have two 4 pin connectors and one 6 pin connector. He will use the 6 pin connector. They both have up and down for rear camera. It also have the bracket to mount the flat LCD where larger tube comes out. No way to see if the aladdin system works until you see the picture. I was surprised to find out mine has color cameras. 

Can I use the monitor for more than just the camera. Will it work for bringing up the engine Diagnostics or tank levels Etc. Thank you so much for your help !!!

Edited by SGWATSON

Yes it works with the Aladdin monitoring system.  Don't confuse the monitor with the monitoring system as they are two different things.  You will use the 6 pin connector and hook up power and ground to the same ignition wires as the old monitor.  You will have to take the dash apart to remove and install the monitor.  

Okay I took the camera off the back and unplugged it and I went up front and plug it into the back of the monitor screen and I get a picture. I used to joystick and the monitor does not respond to anything I do. But I do have a picture on the screen of wherever I point the camera. Any help would be appreciated thanks. Steve

SGWatson.

I just stumbled into this info regarding the Aladdin system used in the Monaco Coaches.

This mentions where the fuses and power are located.

Sometimes ex-stream determination and luck happens.

Willsee if the link works when it is posted.

file:///C:/Users/Data%20Base/Desktop/Aladdin%20Troubleshooting.pdf

Copy the link and past into a new window! It worked for me. 33 pages long - not a super copy but better then nothing.

Rich.