pierreharrison

Mail forwarding?

Question

Hello All

My wife and I are looking at taking a month and doing some traveling in our RV. What do people do about mail?  I think there are some mail services but thought I would ask the group for some advice.

Thanks in advance.

2 answers to this question

Pierre,

Welcome to the Forum. When we are out for an extended period we have our mail put on hold at the Post Office and pick pick it up when we return. You might check on all of your bills that will need to be paid while you're on the road.

Have a a safe trip. 

Herman 

3 hours ago, pierreharrison said:

Hello All

My wife and I are looking at taking a month and doing some traveling in our RV. What do people do about mail?  I think there are some mail services but thought I would ask the group for some advice.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forum. Like Herman said. The only thing I need to point out different is if you go over the one month you have to renew the hold. The hold needs to be done mounthley on the day it expires. Dumb way but it is the post office. Something to look at, if you have a PO Box you can just tell them you will be out of town and they (after stuffing all they can into your box) put it in a bundle you can pick up when you get back.😄

I have everything else set up so it can be paid online. We have been gone 3+ months before with no problem. 

Bill