Toyo310

Failed MH2500 transmission?

I have read on different forums that the Allison MH2500 transmission is a very light duty transmission. And, that on most coaches it is at or over it's load limit. However, I have never read anything about the failure of one of these transmissions. If you had a failure or know of one please let us know what failed and the reason for failure.

Toyo310, Here is the cause of failures that I have experienced. Solenoids fail or lighten up on application pressures which cause slippage and burn up clutches. In My experience this has always happened around 80-100,000 miles. They are notorious for internal wiring chaffing against the pan, external wiring issues and Transmission Control Module failures are also fairly common. On a good note you can purchase a remanufactured 2500 for $2300.00 which in the transmission world is pretty inexpensive.

We ran our 2008 DP with the 2500 for 9 years and never had a problem.

We let Freightliner keep up with the maintenance that we scheduled yearly.

I never had any problems with my 2500 in a 2007 Silverado, 4 x 4, caring 107 gal of diesel. :D  Sold it at 57,600+/- miles!   One of my close friends, bought the same truck, with the same set up.  Still got it, over 200,000 miles now and no problem with the 2500...he also hauls a 4 horse trailer!