RKSPAS

RV Trip Routing Services...Looking for a good one

There are various RV trip routing services, some probably pretty good, some not.

A service that provides routes, alternate routes,  mountain grades, bridge clearances & maybe even campgrounds located along recommended routes would be nice. If anyone  has used certain services, what are they and do you recommend or not. 

Also, does anyone use Mountaindirectory.com ?  If so, do you think the book or on-line version is preferable ? Price seems reasonable and the publication looks to be very informative.

This year will be our first venture to the mountain West with a 38' Class A, w/Triton V-10 & Jeep Cherokee towed. Been West before but never in a rig like this, so some apprehension is to be expected, I guess. Any advice will be most appreciated.

What exactly are you looking for? Where are you going? The Mountaindirectory.com has some good information but I have been in all the states in the west and haven't had a problem. I would get some of the apps that help you find where to stay and help you plan your travel. Like RV parkey, Google Maps, CoPilot, Rv park reviews, gasbuddy, for a start. The only time I have seen any problems is when you get off on Secondary state and county roads.

Bill

If you, like most of us, drive a certain # of miles per day; check out https://distancesonline.com/ to see if it meets your requirements. If weather is a concern, another is: http://oss.weathershare.org/?Center=42.18529516716987,-122.097248046875&Zoom=8&Layers=CCTV,traffic #.XNuNAqR7nb0.

I haven't played with Google My Maps enough to know what it does. It appears like it is regular Google maps on steroids.

A pretty good phone app is Trucker Path, as the name implys, it only uses routes approved for commercial trucking. Truck Router is computer-based and is also a good resource for MH owners.