thirdrock44

Slide not retracting

My kitchen slide will not retract on my Motor Coach. Start to come in on the bottom but top does not move.  It is Schwintek system. Try realignment procedure but to no avail. Only way to get it retracted is by jacking outside edge. 

Hey, welcome back!

Are you on Jacks and level, don't remember your coach...on mine it's ignition on & fully charged engine batteries.  Coach has to be level.

Can you find the control box?  If so have you pressed the reset, or whatever it is called button, on the box.  The manual is on-line and tells how to perform the manual operation. Instructions are also on the controller.  Once the manual operation is engaged all safety systems for that slide are turned off so care must be taken to ensure it is coming in correctly (both sides at the same time.)  If the motor is bad one side will try walking in where the other stays out. This is not good as there should be no more than a 2 inch difference. 

Once the slide is in or out hold the button for 5 second or more to let the motors sync.  Once travel is started do not reverse the travel direction - ever.  Continue in the same direction and always hold the extend/retract button for a minimum of 5 seconds.

p.s., call Lippert. They are very helpful over the phone.

Picture of Schwintek controller

IMG_6864.jpg

Wayne, I know the year of your coach, but I don't know the year of your Lippert unit.  Mine is a 2002 that was discontinued in 2006!  I suspect Ray has the same problem.  I can get a re placement motor on my slides thru Arizona RV Parts...$1,000 ea. incl tax, not shipping cost.  I replaced one on my 14' DS slide, in 2017...overnight shipping was $414.  

Well, the picture of the controller may help someone else if it doesn't help Thirdrock44.

He hasn't been back yet.

Most likely mine are newer than yours.

Hi, thanks for the suggestions but I have tried it on jacks level also the procedure as suggested by Lippert. Have not talked to them . Waiting to hear back from Thor Industries. Nothing seems to solve my issue so I will take it to a technician as soon as I can. Don’t have any dealer in my area so will wait until I travel. Thanks.