wilson@coam.net

Radiator for 2007 Monaco Camelot

I need a radiator for a 2007 Monaco Camelot. I went to Monaco and Modine (the maker of the Monaco radiator). They want $3,000 for the entire unit. They will not sell just the radiator. Anyone know of a better way?

I need a radiator for a 2007 Monaco Camelot. I went to Monaco and Modine (the maker of the Monaco radiator) They want $3000 for the entire unit. They will not sell just the radiator. Anyone know of a better way?

Perhaps a radiator shop that can recore truck radiators? Just a thought. Robbie

You haven't indicated what your problem is. Do you need a new radiator because the other has been damaged beyond repair in an accident or is it a matter of a leak? If it is a case of a leak, I had a 1994 Dynasty with a leaking radiator. I had Cummins take a look at it. They took the radiator to a radiator shop and had it rebuilt. As I recall, the cost was in the $1200 range and covered removal and replacement of the radiator. They replaced the core of the radiator. It worked fine for us. I would check with a local repair shop to find out who rebuilds radiators and get an estimate.

Perhaps a radiator shop that can recore truck radiators? Just a thought. Robbie

Tom, I have a hole in the pan of the radiator, it is plastic or fiberglass and can't be repaired. At least that is my understanding. I contacted Modine, which makes the radiator for Monaco and they said I can't just buy a radiator. I must buy the entire unit, which includes the oil cooler,and condensor. $3000.00 for the group. It is a rip off.

I tried to buy just the pan, have the good core re-soldered and be on my way. They will not sell just the pan. So for a hole in the pan, I pay $3000.00 for a 600.00 radiator.

I think I can have one made for less.

My hope was that someone would know where I could find a used radiator.

Thanks for replying.

Ok, based on that information, I would refer you to this discussion on RV Salvage Yards which are numerous and they are located all over the country. You might be able to find just what you are looking for! If you don't find what you need at a nearby yard, more distant ones will ship.

Good luck, let us know what you find.

By the way, you can find a number of other articles on salvage yards by going to the search button in the second menu line at the top of this page. Right next to help is search, type in salvage - or any other topic - and you get a list of discussions on that topic.

A number of people have upgraded their plastic and aluminum Monaco radiator with copper/steel ones.

I would look into alternatives before going back with the original design.

Brett