Sign in to follow this  
stmorganmd

Fleetwood Discovery 40g full wall slide adjustment

Hello all,

I have a 2015 Fleetwood discovery 40g with a Lippert powergear full wall through frame slide.

It is tilted with the top not making a good seal and is leaking in the rain. The bottom is actually rubbing on the bodywork and has removed the paint where it contacts the body. There is very little gap anywhere on the bottom of the slide front or back.

Can anyone please provide instructions or a technical manual to adjust the full room slide. I think it just needs a tilt adjustment but not sure if adjusting the stops might also be required.

Thank You for your assistance.

2015 Fleetwood Discovery 40G

stmorganmd. Welcome to the FMCA Forum !

I think it just needs a tilt adjustment but not sure if adjusting the stops might also be required.

I could not find any information on setting the tilt / perpendicular plane relative to the coach sidewall.

https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws.com/manuals/slideouts/82_s0379.pdf

This manual lists the parts, but does not show any mechanical adjustment points or parts that would be used to make settings and to make any adjustments, some large equipment is required in most cases. It becomes a personal safety issue. Think you might need to call LCI and ask for technical help.

https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws.com/manuals/slideouts/pg_82_s0378.pdf

Page 4   Check for excessive weight in slide system or storage bins. This is the one item that tends to come up frequently. 

Rich.

Thanks for the reply DickandLois.

I did find some instructions regarding changing the tilt on the LCI website but I was not terribly successful at changing the gaps by incremental adjustments of the tilt.

I've emailed LCI/PowerGear and will call as well. Fleetwood's answer was we don't provide any technical information in regards to adjustment of slides. You have to bring it to a dealer.

As you might imagine I was hoping I would be able to do this on my own to avoid the usual hassle of dealing with RV service centers. I can't imagine its all that difficult if done carefully and incrementally.

I attached the various manuals I found useful for my slide system. Looks like the verticle/tilt adjustment is rather easy (loosen two bolts then turn verticle adjustment nut clockwise.) Now calculating the correct measurements is next to impossible without knowing the slideout floor thickness. See PGSlideAdjust_Vert_(1) if interested. Fleetwood's response to what is the slideout floor thickness was "I don't have that information".

Wish me luck.  and Thanks again

pg_82_s0313_t_.pdf PGSlideAdjust_Vert(1).pdf PowerGearSlides-ServiceManual.pdf

I would guess 1" to 1.5" thickness.  My whole 16' DS slide is coming out this week for a floor re build...have the same system as you, just shorter.  I would build several "T" braces out of 4"x4" to support slide, as  your moving it.  Do it with coach on a flat surface.  Place braces under lip of slide and have a helper to move them as the tilt goes away.  Make the braces a couple of inches longer than lip to ground.