cajingator

Dometic Fridge “E-3” code

My Dometic Refrigerator in my 2011 Coachman Pathfinder keeps shutting off and showing an E-3 code. A repairman has changed the limit switch on the fans, the lower heater and also changed the power supply. However problem keeps occurring. 

Sounds like a Norcold fridge...that was their #1 problem from 1996 to present.   do you have ample circulating air?  from outside & in?  

4 hours ago, cajingator said:

My Dometic Refrigerator in my 2011 Coachman Pathfinder keeps shutting off and showing an E-3 code. A repairman has changed the limit switch on the fans, the lower heater and also changed the power supply. However problem keeps occurring. 

Have you tried reaching out to Dometic tech support?  There could be a tech service bulletin or a "known solution" to your problem not publicized.

Curious, is this installed on a slideout? If so overheating issues are quite common along with shorter appliance life due to air flow, or lack there of. 

E-Mail: customersupportcenter@dometic.com
Phone: 800-544-4881

I have spoken to Dometic support. They were the ones who suggested the limit switches and power supply to be replaced. The fridge is installed in the slide. Has worked fine for most of 8 years. Cooling unit was replaced approx 2 ago and worked fine till about 4 weeks ago. Been dealing with it since then.😡  

Then do the next step, like Herman & JL did, replace it with a residential fridge before your coach burns up!