dbcooper

Internet Service options.

There is no simple answer to your question.  Despite the fact that there are many people on this forum, including myself, who could offer good advice, I always suggest to newcomers that they start by reading some of the material on the Mobile Internet Resource Center (MIRC) website.  MIRC is a well-respected and unbiased entity whose only mission is to assist "mobile individuals" with obtaining internet connectivity.  The MIRC website can be found here:  Mobile Internet Resource Center

Joel (AKA docj)

I doubt that either your satellite dish or your DirectTV will be able to provide you with any options for Internet service.  I've got an so called unlimited plan through Verizon but after 15Gb, they throttle the throughput the rest of the month.  I understand ATT does the same thing.  Sprint through FMCA offers a truly unlimited plan with a hotspot for $50/month. Now that Sprint has been acquired by T-Mobile, it's anyone's guess at this time what the future holds for that plan.  From what I've heard, Verizon works best in the west and ATT mobile works best in the east - as a general rule.  All these systems have a built-in crisis detector in them with the probability of causing your problems at the most critical time.  Whatever you do if that happens, keep your cool and speak softly to it - don't yell and scream and cuss at it because doing so only makes it worse.  Lots of luck with your quest for good, reliable and reasonably priced Internet service on the road.  Be sure to let us know what you find and how it works for you. 

3 hours ago, Moonwink said:

I've got an so called unlimited plan through Verizon but after 15Gb, they throttle the throughput the rest of the month.  I understand ATT does the same thing.  Sprint through FMCA offers a truly unlimited plan with a hotspot for $50/month.

There are plans on AT&T sold through resellers that don't have capped data limits.  And Visible, by Verizon, is a low-cost unlimited plan.  There are options without having to use Sprint/T-Mobile